Ladies and Gentlemen,
This email is intended for widest dissemination.
Tues, 21 Nov
Between the hours of 06:00am – 11:59am please expect to see people with weapons and hear some blank firing in or around the below areas:
- There will be a Vehicle Check Point on Lee St
- Weeroona Bay Football Club at approximately 09:00am
- There will be a Vehicle Check Point near Bennett Oval
- Specialised Tyre and Rubber Repairers on King St
- Miriam Park
- Old Council Depot on Ayliffe St
Between the hours of 12:00pm – 06:00pm
- All trainees will be centralised in Jubilee Park for the final activity. There will be no other scheduled scenarios in Whyalla for Tues, 21 Nov.
Wed, 22 Nov
Between the hours of 03:00am – 07:00am the Royal Military College will be conducting simultaneous blank fire assaults on the Whyalla Airport and the Westland Shopping Centre (with groups of approximately 100 trainees in each location). Please expect to see military vehicles and hear blank firing in these areas. On completion of this activity, all trainees will be centralised at Jubilee Park to commence cleaning and administration.
The open day will be occurring between 3-6pm and will include Unimog rides, camouflage face paint, a vehicle display, a weapons display, rations display, pack display and a vehicle check point demonstration occurring at 4pm and 5pm.
Thurs, 23 Nov
All trainees will be at Jubilee Park cleaning their stores and equipment in preparation to redeploy to Canberra, by bus, that afternoon.
Fri, 24 Nov
The remaining personnel that were supporting the exercise will be departing Jubilee Park in the morning.
Operations Officer – I Class
Royal Military College – Duntroon
Mob: 0429 390 137