The Whyalla News was first published on 5 April 1940 by Jock Willson and trading as Northern Newspapers. In 1950, the newspaper’s editor was J. E. Edwards. As of January 2015, the newspaper’s editor is Eli Gould. Gould was preceded by Kate Bilney. In November 1960, the Whyalla News became a biweekly newspaper, before it became a triweekly in October 1968. The newspaper chronicled the development of the town from its infancy as a BHP company town through the establishment of the Whyalla steelworks, autonomous local government in 1970, and the closure of the shipyard in 1978.
Categories: Information media and telecommunications, Other services
T37 Westland Shopping Centre
Whyalla Norrie, SA 5608
08 8644 9400 (Main)